BENBOW, Herbert Clifton.
Born at Hillingdon, Middlesex, 4th October 1861.
Died at Brampton, Cumberland, 2nd February 1941.
He was the son of John Benbow of Uxbridge, Middlesex. He was educated at Westminster School, where he was a member of the cricket eleven 1877-1880, and later went up to Trinity College, Cambridge. In 1881 he appeared twice in the University team, but not at Lord’s against Oxford.
The 1881 Census shows him resident at Trinity College, in Dr.Whewell’s Buildings, Trinity and Sidney Street, All Saints, Cambridge, as a 19 year old undergraduate Student.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE