BENBOW, Herbert Clifton.
Born at Hillingdon, Middlesex, 4th October 1861.
Died at Brampton, Cumberland, 2nd February 1941.
He was the son of John Benbow of Uxbridge, Middlesex. He was educated at Westminster School, where he was a member of the cricket eleven 1877-1880, and later went up to Trinity College, Cambridge. In 1881 he appeared twice in the University team, but not at Lord’s against Oxford.
The 1881 Census shows him resident at Trinity College, in Dr.Whewell’s Buildings, Trinity and Sidney Street, All Saints, Cambridge, as a 19 year old undergraduate Student.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE