BUSH, James Arthur.
Born at Cawnpore, India, 28th July 1850.
Died at Clevedon, Somerset, 21st September 1924.
He was the son of Lieutenant-Colonel Bush, of Clifton. He was educated at Clifton College, where he was captain of the cricket eleven. He played 136 matches for Gloucestershire, 148 first-class matched in all, and toured Australia with W.G.Grace’s team in 1873/4. He was also an excellent rugby player for the Gloucestershire XV and won five international caps.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was staying at St.Vincents Rock Hotel, Sion Hill, Clifton, Gloucestershire, aged 30 and a “Gentleman.” His wife Lillie, aged 21, was born at Melbourne, Victoria, as was Mabel Oldham aged 13 who was staying with them. Other visitors were two unmarried ladies, Mary E.Hellyar, aged 61, and Laura C.Hellyar, aged 59, both born at Oldcombe, Somerset. The Hotel staff was two barmaids, a book keeper, a cook, a housemaid, a waiter and a billiard marker.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE