Born at Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, 8th June 1862.
Died at Sand Island, Pescadores, Formosa, 10th October 1892. He was drowned with all except two of the Hong Kong Cricket Team, which was returning from their annual match with Shanghai, when the SS Bokhara sank.
He was the son of J.A.Dunn, of 47 Prince’s Gardens, London, SW., and educated at Harrow School, where he was a member of the cricket eleven 1879-80. He joined the Liverpool Regiment in 1882 and was promoted to Captain in 1889. At the time of his death he was serving with the Army Service Corps.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was a gentleman cadet at the Royal Military College, Sandhurst, Berkshire.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE