Born at Rolvenden, Kent, 14th March 1851.
Died at Lambeth, London, 24th November 1923.
His first recorded engagement was in 1872, by Sir Ivor Guest, at Canford Manor, Wimborne, Dorset. He was with the Life Guards at the Cavalry Barracks, at Windsor 1873-77 (two seasons with the 2nd Life Guards, two with the 1st Life Guards and one with the Royal Horse Guards). In May 1877 he played for Kent in a non-first-class match. In 1878 he was with the Turnham Green and Chiswick Club and 1879-81 with the Surrey Club at The Oval, during which time he was selected for Surrey in twenty first-class matches. In 1882 he was at Cambridge and at the Lees School and in 1883 was at Wellington College. From 1884 until 1890 he was at Streatham. In 1878 he was living at Bermondsey and in 1888 at Rotherhithe and at Streatham. He was in the hop trade.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 82 Limehouse Cy., Limehouse, London, aged 30, a hop porter, with his wife Esther, aged 31 and a stepson Robert aged 2. A cousin, Miss Clara Rivers, a domestic servant, is also present.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE