Dennis Sullivan kept wicket for Glamorgan between 1922 and 1928, with the former Surrey keeper moving to South Wales after the retirement of Jimmy Stone. Sullivan kept wicket for the Welsh county on a regular basis from 1923 and despite being in his forties, he proved himself to be a capable gloveman, and a dour lower order batsman.
Sullivan had had a rather late entry in to the first-class game, acting as Herbert Strudwick`s understudy at The Oval before the Great War, and not making his first-class debut until 1914. He then lost the next four years to the War, and left Surrey in 1921 after having only played in 8 first-class matches.
Whilst on Glamorgan`s books, Sullivan was attached to the Briton Ferry Steel club and Port Talobot, and he also appeared for Wales in their games between 1923 and 1928. Sullivan also toured Jamaica with Tennyson`s XI in 1926/27 and 1927/28.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE