Helm Spencer was one of the most promising young seam bowlers in Lancashire before the Great War, and the young quick bowler made his debut for the county in 1914.
After the War he failed to secure a contract with the Old Trafford club and accept an appointment with Llanelli. This allowed him to qualify for Glamorgan, and in 1923 he made his debut for the Welsh county. Whilst not as nippy as before the War, he was still a very useful medium pacer and in 1925 took 7/33 against Northamptonshire at Swansea.
In 1926 Spencer returned to Northern England to play in League cricket.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE