Charles Spencer was the son of a well-known Cardiff solicitor and kept wicket for Glamorgan in their friendly in 1925 against H.D.G.Leveson-Gower`s XI at Swansea.
At the time, Spencer was at Magdalene College, Oxford, and he had already played in first-class cricket for the university after impressing in the trials in 1923. However, he failed to win a regular place in the Oxford side and never won a Blue.
After leaving Oxford, Spencer taught at Stowe and was serving with the Royal Marines at the time of his death in 1941.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE