James Williams was a promising schoolboy cricketer with Clifton College, before studying at Durham University where he won a place in the university`s side.
The right-handed opening batsman made his debut for Glamorgan`s 2nd XI in 1991, and in 1993 he made his first-class debut playing against Australia at Neath – it was a fitting place for the youngster to appear for the county as his father had been a leading player with The Gnoll club.
However, it proved to be Williams` only first team appearance and despite scoring consistently at 2nd team level, he had no other opportunities in Glamorgan`s first team.
He left the county`s staff in 1996, and had a trial in 1997 with Worcestershire. He subsequently returned to Glamorgan to act as their Youth coach, and he re-appeared in 2nd XI cricket for Glamorgan until 2001.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE