Born at Old Alresford, Hampshire, 29th April 1838.
Died at Winchester, Hampshire, 12th January 1915.
He played for many years as a match professional with the following clubs: Winchester, Alresford, Hurstbourne Park, Worthy Park, Swanmore Park and Kingsomborne. He was 37 years old when he was first tried for Hampshire and played for them in six matches between then and 1881. He was a grocer and parcel agent at Winchester.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 50 North Walls, Winchester, aged 42, a baker and railway agent. His wife Ellen was 43 and their niece Mary I. Annels, aged 14, was also there. There is also a boarder, George Cooke, unmarried, aged 18, a baker and porter.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE