Born at Old Alresford, Hampshire, 29th April 1838.
Died at Winchester, Hampshire, 12th January 1915.
He played for many years as a match professional with the following clubs: Winchester, Alresford, Hurstbourne Park, Worthy Park, Swanmore Park and Kingsomborne. He was 37 years old when he was first tried for Hampshire and played for them in six matches between then and 1881. He was a grocer and parcel agent at Winchester.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 50 North Walls, Winchester, aged 42, a baker and railway agent. His wife Ellen was 43 and their niece Mary I. Annels, aged 14, was also there. There is also a boarder, George Cooke, unmarried, aged 18, a baker and porter.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE