Born at Old Alresford, Hampshire, 29th April 1838.
Died at Winchester, Hampshire, 12th January 1915.
He played for many years as a match professional with the following clubs: Winchester, Alresford, Hurstbourne Park, Worthy Park, Swanmore Park and Kingsomborne. He was 37 years old when he was first tried for Hampshire and played for them in six matches between then and 1881. He was a grocer and parcel agent at Winchester.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 50 North Walls, Winchester, aged 42, a baker and railway agent. His wife Ellen was 43 and their niece Mary I. Annels, aged 14, was also there. There is also a boarder, George Cooke, unmarried, aged 18, a baker and porter.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE