Born at Lewisham, London, 7th March 1851.
Died at Bifrons, Patrixbourne, Kent, 26th December 1916.
The son of J. Penn of The Cedars, Lee, Kent, he was the brother of Alfred (Kent) and William (Kent). He was uncle of Eric Frank (Cambridge University) and father of Frank junior (Kent) and brother-in-law of J.F.Green (MCC) and F.Stokes (Kent). Between 1875 and 1881, when he retired from cricket on medical advice, he played in 98 first-class matches, including 62 for Kent and one Test Match. He toured Australia in 1878/9. He was President of Kent in 1905.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at Clearwood, Bickley Park, Bromley Kent, aged 30 and a gentleman, with his wife Grace E. aged 20. They had two visitors, Thomas C. Sewell aged 59 and his wife Ellen, aged 50, a wine merchant and his wife. They had four domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE