SCHULTZ, Sandford Spence.
Born at Birkenhead, Cheshire, 29th August 1857.
Died at South Kensington, London, 18th December 1937.
The son of G.E. Schultz, of Hamilton Square, Birkenhead, Cheshire, he was educated at Uppingham, where he was a member of the cricket eleven in 1873. He went up to Jesus College, Cambridge, playing cricket for the University 1876-77 and winning his blue 1877. His 42 first-class matches included nine for Lancashire and one Test Match, which he played during his tour of Australia 1878/9. He also played for Huntingdon 1874-75 and for Lincolnshire in 1875.
He was a stockbroker, at first on the Liverpool Exchange, but later being a partner in Hedderwick & Schultz, 63 Pont Street, London, S.W., on the London Exchange. At about the time of the First World War he changed his Germanic sounding name to that of STOREY.
He could not be found in the 1881 Census, when he would have been 23 years old, but his widowed mother, Emma M., aged 61, born in Liverpool, was resident at 5 Hamilton Square, Birkenhead, Cheshire, with her unmarried son, George S., aged 39, born in Liverpool, a stock and share broker. There are three domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE