WILDE, Thomas Montague Morrison.
Born at Brunswick, Manchester, Lancashire, 11th March 1856.
Died at Mentone, France, 8th March 1899.
The son of the Hon. T.M.C. Wilde, of Rockville, Weston-super-Mare, he was educated at Harrow and at Trinity College, Cambridge. He gained his LL.B. in 1878 and was admitted as a barrister in 1878. Between 1881 and 1883 he played in four first-class matches at Lordís for the M.C.C. In 1891 he succeeded as the 3rd Baron Truro and when he died this title became extinct.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was a visitor at the Angel Hotel, High Street, Great Bowden, Leicester, giving his name as Montague Wilde, unmarried, aged 25 and born at Alderleyedge, Cheshire, a practising barrister. It appears to be quite a large hotel with George Limbird and his wife Harriet hotel keepers, with nine domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE