Enfield have signed South African Alviro Petersen from Northerns as professional for the 2004 season.
Petersen is a teammate of Martin Van Jaarsveld, who was Enfield's paid man for the previous three seasons. The 23 year-old is a right handed opening batsman and right arm medium pace bowler. Since making his debut in the 2000-2001 season, Peterson has hit 1382 runs at 38.4 in 21 First-class matches. His bowling at First-class level is less impressive though with just 3 wickets in 11 overs.
Last season, Petersen played half a season for Millom in the John Smiths North Lancs and Cumbria Premier Division, hitting 690 runs at 76.7, including an unbeaten 133. He also recorded the best bowling figures of the season when he took an impressive 7-32 against Workington.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE