|Player:||B Lee, A Symonds|
|Event:||ICC World Twenty20 2009|
DateLine: 5th May 2009
Brett Lee, Shane Watson and Andrew Symonds have been named in Australia's 15-man squad for the World Twenty20. Despite limited preparation, the experienced trio will be heavily relied upon as Australia seek to improve on their disappointing showing in the inaugural 20-over tournament in South Africa in 2007. Michael Hussey has also retained his place in the side after indifferent form of late, and along with his brother David, they have squeezed the impressive Callum Ferguson out of the squad. James Hopes successfully retained the third allrounder's berth, while Nathan Hauritz was preferred as the team's specialist spinner over Cameron White.
The inclusion of Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken, Ben Hilfenhaus and Peter Siddle left no room for the likes of Shaun Tait or Ben Laughlin. David Warner, meanwhile, retained his place at the top of the order and will hope for more game time with the Delhi Daredevils in the IPL to sharpen his skills before the World Twenty20.
Speaking before the squad announcement, Australia's coach Tim Nielsen was confident Lee and Watson would be ready for the World Twenty20 despite their truncated preparations
Squad : Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Nathan Bracken, Brad Haddin, Nathan Hauritz, Ben Hilfenhaus, James Hopes, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Peter Siddle, Andrew Symonds, David Warner, Shane Watson.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE