|Player:||Iftikhar Anjum, Shoaib Akhtar|
|Event:||ICC World Twenty20 2009|
DateLine: 25th May 2009
Fast bowler Iftikhar Anjum will replace Shoaib Akhtar in the Pakistan squad for ICC World Twenty20 World Cup in England.
According to an International Cricket Council release, “the Event Technical Committee of the ICC World Twenty20 2009 has approved Iftikhar Anjum as a replacement player for Shoaib Akhtar in Pakistan's squad for the tournament, which runs from 5 to 21 June at three venues in England - Lord's, The Oval and Trent Bridge.”
The confirmation was conveyed to the Pakistan Cricket Board on behalf of the tournament Technical Committee on Sunday.
Iftikhar replaced Shoaib who was declared unfit by the PCB Medical Board on 21 May. As a result of this, the PCB chose to seek to get him replaced for the whole event, the release said.
The 28-year-old Iftikhar has played one Test, 58 ODIs and one T20I against Bangladesh in Nairobi in September 2007. He was also a member of the Pakistan side which finished as the losing finalist to India in the inaugural ICC World Twenty20 in South Africa in 2007.
The Event Technical Committee of the ICC World Twenty20 2009 consists of David Richardson (ICC, Technical Committee chairman), Steve Elworthy (Tournament Director), Campbell Jamieson (IDI representative), Alan Fordham (ECB representative), Ian Bishop (independent nomination) and David Lloyd (independent nomination).
Pakistan's first match of the ICC World Twenty20 will take place against England at Lord's on Sunday, June 7.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE