|Scorecard:||Australia Women v South Africa Women|
|Player:||LJ Poulton, S Nitschke, KL Rolton, AJ Blackwell, S Ismail, SA Fritz, T Chetty|
|Event:||ICC Women's World Twenty20 2009|
DateLine: 16th June 2009
The Australian women sealed a place in the semi-finals with a fluent 24-run win over South Africa, who left the tournament without any points.
Deciding to bat after winning the toss, Australia compiled a fine 164/6 with contributions coming in from Karen Rolton (43 off 33 balls, five fours, one six) and an attacking 40 off 22 balls from Alex Blackwell, with six boundaries and a six.
Lauren Esbary scored 23 runs and opener Leah Poulton added 22.
For South Africa, medium-pacer Shabnin Ismail was again the pick of the bowlers, with figures of 3/27 off four overs.
In reply, South Africa only managed 140/7 off 20 overs, despite a promising 73-run opening partnership between Shandre Fritz (39, 23 balls, six fours, one six) and Trisha Chetty (36, 25 balls, six fours).
Thereafter, things fell away and Shelley Nitschke ran through the middle-order to end with figures of 4/21 off four overs. Poulton chipped in with two wickets.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE