DateLine: 25th June 2009
Controversial Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds has been left off Queensland's list of contracted players for the 2009-10 season at the players own request.
The troubled all-rounder was sent home from the World Twenty20 in England for a 'drink-related incident' and he subsequently saw a contract offer from Cricket Australia rescinded.
Symonds though has not ruled out playing for the Bulls next season but opted against committing himself at this stage.
"As we have said all along, our main concern is for Andrew Symonds the person,” said Queensland Cricket chief executive officer Graham Dixon.
"Cricket issues should take a back seat and we will let Andrew have the time and space to work out what he wants to do with his life from here.
"Andrew has been up front with us and made a very selfless gesture by advising us not to contract him. He knows the door is open here and we look forward to catching up with him when he's ready to have a chat about what his plans might be," he added.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE