DateLine: 25th June 2009
Controversial Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds has been left off Queensland's list of contracted players for the 2009-10 season at the players own request.
The troubled all-rounder was sent home from the World Twenty20 in England for a 'drink-related incident' and he subsequently saw a contract offer from Cricket Australia rescinded.
Symonds though has not ruled out playing for the Bulls next season but opted against committing himself at this stage.
"As we have said all along, our main concern is for Andrew Symonds the person,” said Queensland Cricket chief executive officer Graham Dixon.
"Cricket issues should take a back seat and we will let Andrew have the time and space to work out what he wants to do with his life from here.
"Andrew has been up front with us and made a very selfless gesture by advising us not to contract him. He knows the door is open here and we look forward to catching up with him when he's ready to have a chat about what his plans might be," he added.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE