DateLine: 29th June 2009
Troubled Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds denied being an alcoholic but conceded he is a binge drinker.
The all-rounder also said that he struggles to manage the attention that comes with being an international cricketer.
"I'm not an alcoholic. I've been diagnosed as a binge drinker. I'd go out and drink too much, too fast," Symonds said in an interview with 'Nine Network'.
"I'm not proud of the times that I've drunk too much and been rude to someone or broken team rules," the burly Queenslander said.
Symonds was asked to return home from the ICC World Twenty20 Championship in England and Cricket Australia also dumped him from its central contract for an alcohol-related indiscretion.
Speaking about the issues the burly right-hander said that he is glad to be free of the pressure.
"Now I'm out of that environment, that won't happen anymore for those people in that team and for me," he said.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE