|Player:||MS Dhoni, R Rampaul|
|Event:||India in West Indies 2009|
DateLine: 1st July 2009
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has praised West Indian bowler Ravi Rampaul for his ability to force mistakes from batsmen by bowling in the right regions. Rampaul wreaked India's batting line-up and returned career-best figures of 4-37. Courtesy his performance West Indies beat India by eight wickets to stay afloat in the four-match series currently tied 1-1.
"Rampaul swings the ball really well, bowls in the right area and he forces you to play a big shot like the cover drive," Dhoni said ahead of the third one-dayer on Friday. The right-hander's spell left India tottering at 82 for eight after the visitors had won the toss and batted first. Dhoni though batted responsibly hitting 95 to lift his side to 188.
The Indian skipper said that the lack of assistance from the pitch in Kingston made Rampaul's and fellow pacer Jerome Taylor's performance all the more creditable.
"I don't think there was that much in (the pitch) for the bowlers," Dhoni said.
"They bowled really well, they were swinging the ball well and, when it stopped swinging, they were able to get reverse swing," he added.
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE