|Player:||MS Dhoni, R Rampaul|
|Event:||India in West Indies 2009|
DateLine: 1st July 2009
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has praised West Indian bowler Ravi Rampaul for his ability to force mistakes from batsmen by bowling in the right regions. Rampaul wreaked India's batting line-up and returned career-best figures of 4-37. Courtesy his performance West Indies beat India by eight wickets to stay afloat in the four-match series currently tied 1-1.
"Rampaul swings the ball really well, bowls in the right area and he forces you to play a big shot like the cover drive," Dhoni said ahead of the third one-dayer on Friday. The right-hander's spell left India tottering at 82 for eight after the visitors had won the toss and batted first. Dhoni though batted responsibly hitting 95 to lift his side to 188.
The Indian skipper said that the lack of assistance from the pitch in Kingston made Rampaul's and fellow pacer Jerome Taylor's performance all the more creditable.
"I don't think there was that much in (the pitch) for the bowlers," Dhoni said.
"They bowled really well, they were swinging the ball well and, when it stopped swinging, they were able to get reverse swing," he added.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE