|Scorecard:||England Lions v Australians|
|Player:||MJ Clarke, B Lee, AU Rashid, SM Davies, MJ North|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 4th July 2009
Marcus North scored an unbeaten 106 as Australia moved to 275 for four at the close of the third day of their Ashes warm-up match against the England Lions.
North and Michael Clarke (80) added 170 for the fourth wicket, as the tourists moved 281 runs ahead of their opponents at stumps.
England's Ashes hopeful Steve Harmison also boosted his chances of a Test recall by picking up the wickets of Phillip Hughes (eight) and Ricky Ponting (15).
Earlier in the morning the Lions were dismissed for 352 in their first innings. Adil Rashid hit 66 and Brett Lee returned figures of six for 76.
Harmison then again explored Aussie opener Phillip Hughes’ deficiency against the rising short ball and made him glove one, which was gathered in at second slip. Then Aussie skipper Ponting fell, caught at gully for 15.
Then the Yorkshire leg-spinner Adil Rashid got into the act having Simon Katich caught at short leg for 37. Some credit of this should also go to Stephen Moore who took a brilliant reflex catch.
The fall of Katich brought North and Clarke together and they stabilised the innings before Clarke fell to part-time spinner Vikram Solanki at long-on.
North finished the day on an unbeaten 106 and now the Australians are in a position of strength heading into the final day.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE