|Player:||JN Gillespie, KP Pietersen, A Flintoff|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 7th July 2009
Former Australian paceman Jason Gillespie considers Andrew Flintoff and Kevin Pietersen as the biggest threats to Australia's Ashes chances in England.
"They are two top-gun players and the England management will certainly be doing everything in their power to ensure they are fit and raring to go," said Gillespie, who took 259 wickets in 71 Tests for Australia.
Gillespie also cautioned Australia against taking fringe players like Ravi Bopara and Graeme Swann lightly.
"They had Ashley Giles in 2005 who did an under-rated job and played on the Australian egos a little bit," Gillespie was quoted as saying in 'Adelaide Now'.
"I know Australians think that it was negative cricket the way Giles bowled to right-handers but it was effective.
"Now, Swann has been bowling pretty well. To give him credit, he has been good for England," the former Australian pacer added.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE