|Player:||A Mishra, M Vijay, V Kohli, S Badrinath|
DateLine: 16th July 2009
Tamil Nadu's S. Badrinath will lead the Indian team in the Emerging Players Tournament to be played in Australia from July 20. Virat Kohli has been selected as the vice-captain of the 16-man squad.
The other squad members who have had international exposure include legspinner Amit Mishra, opener M Vijay, allrounder Abhishek Nayar and Bengal batsman Manoj Tiwary.
The tournament, which runs from July 20 to August 1, will be played across different venues in Brisbane. The other teams are the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and the emerging players from South Africa and New Zealand.
This is the fifth edition of the tournament, and India which finished a lowly third last time would surely like to improve. New Zealand are the defending champions, having beaten AIS by three wickets in the final last year.
The Indian team is leaving for Brisbane on 17th of July from Mumbai.
India Emerging Players squad: S Badrinath (capt), Virat Kohli (vice-capt), M Vijay, Ajinkya Rahane, Manoj Tiwary, Ishank Jaggi, Abhishek Nayar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, R Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Wriddhiman Saha, Naman Ojha, Pankaj Singh, Dhawal Kulkarni, Pradeep Sangwan, Sudeep Tyagi
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE