|Player:||A Mishra, M Vijay, V Kohli, S Badrinath|
DateLine: 16th July 2009
Tamil Nadu's S. Badrinath will lead the Indian team in the Emerging Players Tournament to be played in Australia from July 20. Virat Kohli has been selected as the vice-captain of the 16-man squad.
The other squad members who have had international exposure include legspinner Amit Mishra, opener M Vijay, allrounder Abhishek Nayar and Bengal batsman Manoj Tiwary.
The tournament, which runs from July 20 to August 1, will be played across different venues in Brisbane. The other teams are the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and the emerging players from South Africa and New Zealand.
This is the fifth edition of the tournament, and India which finished a lowly third last time would surely like to improve. New Zealand are the defending champions, having beaten AIS by three wickets in the final last year.
The Indian team is leaving for Brisbane on 17th of July from Mumbai.
India Emerging Players squad: S Badrinath (capt), Virat Kohli (vice-capt), M Vijay, Ajinkya Rahane, Manoj Tiwary, Ishank Jaggi, Abhishek Nayar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, R Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Wriddhiman Saha, Naman Ojha, Pankaj Singh, Dhawal Kulkarni, Pradeep Sangwan, Sudeep Tyagi
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- UAE Associates Matches 2015/16
- West Indies in Australia 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE