|Scorecard:||Australia A v Pakistan A|
|Player:||TD Paine, CJ Ferguson, Khalid Latif|
|Event:||Pakistan A in Australia 2009|
DateLine: 17th July 2009
Australia A edged ahead of Pakistan in a high-scoring affair at the Allan Border Field to bag the one-day series 2-1.
Opener Tim Paine cracked 134 off 136 balls to steer his team to an imposing 316. His counterpart Khalid Latif responded with an exact 100 off 91 balls but that wasn't enough as Pakistan fell short by 15 runs.
Pakistan's decision to send the home team to bat did not work in their favour as the first two partnerships cost 66 and 108 runs respectively. Callum Ferguson supported Paine in the second-wicket stand with 48. Paine's knock was studded with 13 fours and five huge sixes before being dismissed by Fahad Masood.
The Australian innings got a boost between the 34th and 40th overs when Paine and Adam Voges added 69.
Pakistan responded with a quick start but lost two wickets before the fifth over. Two half-century stands, led by Latif, put Pakistan back on course but his dismissal in the 33rd over to the left-arm spinner Jon Holland, got them off track.
Latif scored at more than a run-a-ball and his knock included ten fours and two sixes. Sheharyar Ghani also played well scoring 53 before falling in the 40th over. After this steady fall of wickets hurt Pakistan's efforts in keeping with the asking rate.
Pakistan round off their tour with a Twenty20 game at the same venue on Saturday.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE