|Ground:||Farmers Cricket Club Ground, St Martin|
|Scorecard:||Guernsey Under-19s v Ireland Under-19s|
|Player:||M Breban, SC Getkate, CA Young, A Balbirnie|
|Event:||European Under-19 Championship 2009|
DateLine: 17th July 2009
Ireland crushed Guernsey by 232 runs at Farmerís Field in Jersey.
Ireland were at one stage reduced to 27/3 early on. One of those wickets was that of the prolific Paul Stirling.
James Shannon (38) added 85 for the fourth wicket with skipper Andrew Balbirnie.
The captain showed great application adjusting to the difficult conditions, before accelerating as the ball softened and batting became much easier. He top-scored with 83. The middle and lower all chipped in, with good contributions from George Dockrell (28 not out), Lee Nelson (27), and Stuart Poynter (19).
Boosted by the concession of 55 extras, a final Irish total of 281 was always going to be beyond the capabilities of Guernsey. In the bowling, Matthew Breban (3-38) excelled.
Guernsey mustered just 49 runs in 16.2 overs.
Craig Young claimed 5/22 in seven overs, while Shane Getkate took 3/18. Graeme McCarter finished things off with 2/2 from eight deliveries.
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- West Indies in South Africa 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE