|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 23rd July 2009
Andrew Flintoff has said he would battle through the pain and complete the Ashes for England.
With the team reeling from the loss of Kevin Pietersen to Achilles surgery on Wednesday, Flintoff's availability was pertinent as the talismanic all-rounder aims to end his Test career on a high note.
"There are no guarantees for anybody. But I have three Test matches left, and I'd do anything to get through, maybe put myself through things I wouldn't do if I was looking more long term," he told the Independent.
"I will do whatever it takes to get out on the field. If I don't it has to be something extremely serious. The encouraging thing was that I bowled regularly over 90mph at Lord's.
"The knee was sore on Tuesday and it's still sore but I'll rest up in front of the telly for the next few days and then get ready for Edgbaston."
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE