|Player:||A Flintoff, KP Pietersen|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 24th July 2009
England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff said that Kevin Pietersen's absence from the rest of the Ashes will be a major concern for England. and this could give Australia a major lift.
"If (Australia captain) Ricky Ponting was injured you are quite happy not bowling at him - and I think Australia will be thinking the same about Kevin," Flintoff was quoted as saying in Herald Sun.
"It means a lot playing in the Ashes and I fully expect he'll be coming along to watch a few of the games once he's back on his feet."
Flintoff said that KP is a massive influence on the English side and he wished him well.
"He's a massive influence on our team so it's going to make it tougher for us - but he's been in pain. He will be greatly missed and we wish him well - he'll be gutted."
"He's performed well in the past and we expected him to in the next three matches but he'll come back, he's young and I'm sure he's got a few more Ashes series in him yet."
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE