|Ground:||County Ground, Hove|
|Scorecard:||England Under-19s v Bangladesh Under-19s|
|Player:||Mahmudul Hasan, Abul Hasan, SA Northeast|
|Event:||Bangladesh Under-19s in England 2009|
DateLine: 25th July 2009
Bangladesh Under-19s won the ODI series against England Under-19s when they beat the hosts by one wicket with one over to spare. Chasing 197 to win the series, the Bangladeshi batsmen very nearly undid the good efforts of the bowlers. In the end it was the bowlers who helped the Bangladeshi team cross the line.
Bangladesh needed six runs to win in the final two overs with two wickets in hand, but Nur Hossain was run-out to give England a sniff of victory. However, Bangladeshi tailenders scrambled past the finish line with a single when England missed a run-out opportunity to hand the tourists the win along with the series.
Bangladeshi skipper Mahmudul Hasan top scored for his team as he scored a classy 70 from 85 balls. Alauddin Babu stayed till the end with an unbeaten 24 off 30 balls.
The English innings could not generate any momentum while batting, and only an in-form Northeast scored a fighting half-century. The Bangladesh bowlers kept a tight leash as the English team limped to 196 for 8 in 50 overs.
Bangladesh won the ODI series 2-1 after losing the two-match Test series 0-1, and will finish their tour of England with two Twenty20s beginning on Tuesday at Lincolnshire.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE