|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 29th July 2009
England's sensational all-rounder Andrew Flintoff has been sleeping with a knee machine to keep alive his Ashes dream.
Flintoff, 31, has been wearing a Game Ready wrap around his injured right knee to ease the discomfort he experienced before, during and after the second Test win over Australia at Lord's.
The special contraption was designed using NASA spacesuit technology and it simultaneously supplies intermittent compression and ice treatment.
It works on the inflamed area, half an hour on, half an hour off, while individuals are in bed and is regularly used by Premier League footballers who have experienced joint injuries.
Flintoff, after having used the knee machine for a while now bowled at close to full capacity for around 10 minutes in the middle at Edgbaston.
These were encouraging signs for England less than 48 hours before the third match of the series begins.
Having lost Kevin Pietersen, one of their big-match stars, England will be keen for Flintoff to fulfil his ambition to get through the campaign in spite of what his body says.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE