|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 29th July 2009
England's sensational all-rounder Andrew Flintoff has been sleeping with a knee machine to keep alive his Ashes dream.
Flintoff, 31, has been wearing a Game Ready wrap around his injured right knee to ease the discomfort he experienced before, during and after the second Test win over Australia at Lord's.
The special contraption was designed using NASA spacesuit technology and it simultaneously supplies intermittent compression and ice treatment.
It works on the inflamed area, half an hour on, half an hour off, while individuals are in bed and is regularly used by Premier League footballers who have experienced joint injuries.
Flintoff, after having used the knee machine for a while now bowled at close to full capacity for around 10 minutes in the middle at Edgbaston.
These were encouraging signs for England less than 48 hours before the third match of the series begins.
Having lost Kevin Pietersen, one of their big-match stars, England will be keen for Flintoff to fulfil his ambition to get through the campaign in spite of what his body says.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE