|Scorecard:||Surrey v Glamorgan|
|Player:||MA Wallace, SJ Walters, MR Ramprakash|
|Event:||NatWest Pro40 League 2009|
DateLine: 13th August 2009
Surrey sent Glamorgan crashing to a third Pro40 Division Two defeat at the Oval in a rain interrupted game.
The hosts reached their Duckworth-Lewis target with 20 balls to spare after the Dragons had made 189 for five off 37 overs before the first downpour forced the players off.
Surrey were originally set 174 off 28 overs. They made swift progress with Michael Brown and Stewart Walters putting on 69 for the opening stand in eight overs before Brown fell lbw to Robert Croft for 35.
Walters was then joined by Mark Ramprakash and the duo added a breezy 43 before Ramprakash, aiming to impress the England selectors, gave Dean Cosker a return catch after a run-a-ball 24.
Walters continued on though, seeing his side to their new target of 153 from 24 overs with 67 not out off 58 balls and Usman Afzaal contributing in with 23.
Dragons were a little unfortunate considering they were building momentum when rain struck with three overs remaining in their innings. Mark Wallace was the top scorer with 42 not out.
Will Bragg (36) and Jamie Dalrymple (39) had laid the foundations, the latter adding 53 in 10 overs with Wallace, while new signing Jim Allenby chipped in with 28.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE