|Ground:||St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury|
|Scorecard:||England Lions v Australians|
|Player:||B Lee, NM Hauritz, PM Siddle, MG Johnson, SR Clark, JWM Dalrymple|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 17th August 2009
In the final warm-up match for the Australians, the visitors continued their good showing as they thrashed England Lions by 103 runs. Brett Lee finished with figures 3-37 and Hauritz 2-43 while Siddle, Clark, Johnson, North and Katich took one wicket apiece.
Australia had piled up 340-9 declared on the first day of the single innings contest and the Lions resumed on the second morning at 23-0, requiring another 318 for victory.
Brett Lee gave the first jolt to the innings when he had Lions opener Joe Sayers caught behind in the first over of the day. Lee bowled at high pace throughout his spell and he was rewarded with the wicket off Moore. The Lions were reduced to 57-3 when Mitchell Johnson (1-16) induced an edge from Michael Carberry (5) through to wicketkeeper Chris Hartley.
After lunch off-spinner Nathan Hauritz joined the party as he claimed two wickets in successive balls as he dismissed Andrew Gale and Steve Davies off successive balls.
Lions skipper Jamie Dalrymple's free-scoring innings finally came to an end on the final ball before tea when he edged Peter Siddle to Hartley for 58.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE