|Ground:||Grace Road, Leicester|
|Scorecard:||Leicestershire v Kent|
|Player:||JWA Taylor, HH Dippenaar, Azhar Mahmood, SA Northeast, JM Kemp, PG Dixey, A Khan|
|Event:||NatWest Pro40 League 2009|
DateLine: 19th August 2009
It was a thrilling match which in the end went in Kent's way as they managed to achieve the target with just two balls to spare.
Leicestershire had won the toss and elected to bat first and ended up making 209 for the loss of eight wickets in their 40 overs. Taylor was the star as he crashed a sublime 95 in 113 balls before being run out by a brilliant direct-hit from Kemp. He was well supported by skipper Dippenaar who made run-a-ball 47.
Azhar Mahmood was the wrecker-in-chief for Kent as he took four wickets at the cost of 41 runs.
Kent in reply got off to a quick start with Northeast and Hockley putting on 66 in 9.4 overs. When Northeast was stumped Henderson wickets continued to tumble at regular intervals.
Alex Blake and Stevens kept the scoreboard ticking but neither could stay with captain Kemp as the run-rate edged towards seven-runs-an-over. Kemp got his side within 39 runs of victory before he was clean bowled attempting to sweep Jigar Naik.
Eventually Amjad Khan and Dixey scored 11 runs off Benning's final over of the match, a feat they achieved with some big hitting.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE