|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 24th August 2009
England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff will undergo exploratory arthroscopic surgery on his injured right knee on Tuesday and will miss the one-day series against Australia and September's Champions Trophy.
Flintoff, who helped England regain the Ashes with victory in the final Test against Australia on Sunday, will miss Thursday's one-day international in Ireland, the Twenty20 international series against Australia and the one-day series against Ricky Ponting's team, as well as the Champions Trophy in South Africa.
"Andrew Flintoff will undergo exploratory arthroscopic surgery on his injured right knee on Tuesday. A further update on the outcome of the operation and the likely timescale for rehabilitation will be released in due course," an ECB statement said on Sunday.
The Lancashire star had already announced that the final Ashes clash of the series would be his last Test appearance due to the constant strain on his knee problem.
England's selectors have opted not to replace Flintoff at this stage in their squads for the Twenty20 and one-day series matches against Australia.Jonathan Trott, who was last week named in England's squad for the Twenty20 internationals, has been added to the squad for the Ireland match.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE