|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 27th August 2009
T20 World Champions Pakistan is capable of winning the Championss Trophy but they would have to play as a team, said former skipper Javed Miandad.
"The problem with the Pakistan team has always been that they tend to play as individuals but whenever they combine and play as a team they can beat any side in the world or win any major event in the world," Miandad said in an interview on Wednesday.
"If we can play with the same spirit and coordination that we showed in the T20 World Cup there is no reason why we can't repeat the same success in the Champions Trophy," said Miandad, who is now director cricket in the Pakistan Cricket Board.
Miandad said that he always rated Pakistan among the top three teams of the world in any era.
"We have god gifted talent in the country and we have some immensely talented performers. The only thing is that they click when they play as a team and not as individuals," he added.
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE