|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 27th August 2009
T20 World Champions Pakistan is capable of winning the Championss Trophy but they would have to play as a team, said former skipper Javed Miandad.
"The problem with the Pakistan team has always been that they tend to play as individuals but whenever they combine and play as a team they can beat any side in the world or win any major event in the world," Miandad said in an interview on Wednesday.
"If we can play with the same spirit and coordination that we showed in the T20 World Cup there is no reason why we can't repeat the same success in the Champions Trophy," said Miandad, who is now director cricket in the Pakistan Cricket Board.
Miandad said that he always rated Pakistan among the top three teams of the world in any era.
"We have god gifted talent in the country and we have some immensely talented performers. The only thing is that they click when they play as a team and not as individuals," he added.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE