|Player:||G Kirsten, RS Dravid|
DateLine: 28th August 2009
India Coach Gary Kirsten said his team was playing with renewed unity to keep the momentum going.
"...one-day team has got a virtually 80 per cent win ratio in the last eight months. We take pride in our consistency and our performances over a period of time. So, we like to continue that," Kirsten said.
"One of the things we have taken pride in is the fact that we are playing as a team for a big cause -- that's for Team India -- over a period of success, we have had since the time in Australia last year. We take a lot of pride in being able to do that," he added.
Kirsten also downplayed the debacle in the Twenty20 World Cup, saying "setback at Twenty20 World Cup could happen to any worldclass team".
"We are looking ahead and looking forward (to) what we can achieve," Kirsten said on the sidelines of the first day of the four-day camp for India ahead of the tri-series in Sri Lanka and Champions Trophy in South Africa.
He also said that all these talks of some players weakness against short-pitched stuff is not an issue.
Kirsten said all the players, including youngesters, have been playing exceptionally well in one-day games.
The former South African opener said Rahul Dravid's return to the one-day team (after a gap of nearly two years) would add "massive value" to the side, and described the Bangalorean as a "natural performer".
"It's good to have him back. He (Dravid) is a very experienced player and he will add massive value to the team. He has a lot of value to add in terms of his experience."
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in Australia 2015/16
- India Women in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Pakistan in New Zealand 2015/16
- Scotland in Hong Kong 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE