|Player:||AJ Strauss, A Flintoff|
DateLine: 7th September 2009
England skipper Andrew Strauss expressed sympathy for all-rounder Andrew Flintoff.
Strauss expressed sympathy after the all-rounder incurred deep vein thrombosis in his right calf following knee surgery.
The 31-year-old, who is now expected be on crutches for the next six weeks, visited specialist Andy Williams in London on Friday for a post-operation assessment.
Williams was not thought to be overly concerned by the development but Flintoff has taken anticoagulants, which he will continue to take for the next six weeks to thin the blood.
"You don't want any complications after an operation like that," Strauss said. "We just feel for him because he has a lot of rehab ahead of him and you don't want it to be slowed down in any way."
Flintoff, who is estimated to be sidelined for a minimum of six months, underwent his operation upon the conclusion of the Ashes series.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE