|Player:||A Kumble, RS Dravid|
DateLine: 13th September 2009
Former India captain Anil Kumble said that he is happy that Rahul Dravid has paved his way back into the Indian ODI outfit.
The talismanic leggie, who recently led the Bangalore Royal Challengers to the final of the second edition of the Indian Premier League, feels Rahul Dravid's inclusion in the Indian ODI team will add balance to the already strong batting order.
"It's good to see Rahul's comeback in the ODI team. I am sure he will do well and his experience will be of great help for the team," Kumble said.
The 38-year-old who has 619 Test and 337 ODI wickets in his 18-year old kitty, also said that the Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led team will surely face transition issues once the trio of Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman bids adieu to the game.
"They (Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman) are still young and keen to play, so I think it's to early to predict anything, but any team will find it difficult to replace them. It is never easy to replace a Sachin Tendulkar," Kumble stated.
Kumble also suggested that ODIís be shortened to 40 overs a side to save it from extinction.
"I don't think ODIs are going to get extinct, but there is a little bit of threat on the development of the format.
"You need such innovations as Sachin (Tendulkar) suggested but my thought is is to shorten ODIs from 50 to 40 overs," Kumble said last night on the sidelines of Van Huesen India Men's Fashion Week here.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE