|Player:||SR Tendulkar, PJ Hughes|
DateLine: 16th September 2009
Discarded Australian opener Phillip Hughes said he would not be able to forget his interaction with Sachin Tendulkar.
The 20-year-old met the great in a Mumbai hotel earlier this month after his unceremonious exit from the Ashes series squad.
Hughes though did not reveal what he discussed with the Indian batting great but said he would cherish it.
"I had questions for him, and he had a few questions for me, mainly about my family. I do know I felt refreshed after meeting him. I grew up watching him on TV and it will be one meeting I never forget," Hughes was quoted as saying by 'The Daily Telegraph'.
Asked if whether a slump in form and how to overcome it came up for discussion, Hughes answered in the negative.
"I don't think Sachin has ever had one," he quipped.
"The first thing I did say to him was, 'I think I've got you covered height-wise', and that hasn't happened too often," said Hughes.
"Sachin had just finished a gym session and we basically had a casual conversation over lunch and coffee. We did speak about a couple of things, but I won't let on too much," said the left-hander who was axed after the second Ashes Test.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE