|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 19th September 2009
Former Pakistan skipper Javed Miandad believes the five day stint he had with Pakistan players' will benefit the side.
"I worked very hard with all the players, specially the youngsters and I passed on a lot of my experience and knowledge to them. I am confident you will see an improved and more confident Pakistan batting performance in the Champions Trophy," said Miandad.
Miandad, was appointed as batting consultant by the governing council to work with the national senior and junior team and help them overcome their batting technique issues.
"I laid a lot of emphasis on telling the players to be prepared to play long innings because the Champions Trophy is not T20 cricket. You need to bat sensibly and patiently in the 50-over mode," he said.
Miandad said he also prepared the players mentally to counter short pitched bowling on the South African tracks.
"We have some very talented and good batsmen who just needed a little fine tuning and someone to point out the little mistakes they were making at the crease," Miandad said.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE