|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 19th September 2009
Former Pakistan skipper Javed Miandad believes the five day stint he had with Pakistan players' will benefit the side.
"I worked very hard with all the players, specially the youngsters and I passed on a lot of my experience and knowledge to them. I am confident you will see an improved and more confident Pakistan batting performance in the Champions Trophy," said Miandad.
Miandad, was appointed as batting consultant by the governing council to work with the national senior and junior team and help them overcome their batting technique issues.
"I laid a lot of emphasis on telling the players to be prepared to play long innings because the Champions Trophy is not T20 cricket. You need to bat sensibly and patiently in the 50-over mode," he said.
Miandad said he also prepared the players mentally to counter short pitched bowling on the South African tracks.
"We have some very talented and good batsmen who just needed a little fine tuning and someone to point out the little mistakes they were making at the crease," Miandad said.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE