|Player:||GP Swann, AU Rashid|
|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 24th September 2009
England off-spinner Graeme Swann believes his spin partner Adil Rashid is second only to the great Shane Warne in history as an emerging leg-spinner.
"Adil is a long way down the line with leg-spin at 20," Swann said. "He is probably better than anyone there has ever been bar one Australian fella but he will admit he is nowhere near the finished article - he needs to develop, learn, and play more cricket basically.
"It is exciting for England just how good he is at 20, he could be exceptional at 25 and a world beater by 30. Hopefully he will be."
Swann who is now centrally-contracted said that the side is desperately in need of a turnaround following the 6-1 humbling by Australia.
"Momentum has been the buzz word all summer and strangely if we have managed to have a good last session in a day or in a game it has carried on," said Swann, clinging to the four-wicket victory at the Riverside.
"Hopefully having one good game in a seven-match series can lead on to this Champions Trophy.
"We have got to make a better fist of this tournament than that one-day series. But we live in a very pessimistic country and everyone thinks English cricket is rubbish again.
"Three weeks ago we were the best thing since sliced bread and no amount of one-day cricket could have taken the gloss off the Ashes for me.
"If someone, at the start of the summer, had offered me an Ashes win and losing the one-day series 7-0 I would have taken it."
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in Australia 2015/16
- India Women in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Pakistan in New Zealand 2015/16
- Scotland in Hong Kong 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE