|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 24th September 2009
Australia received a major setback as fast bowler Nathan Bracken was ruled out of the tournament with a chronic knee injury.
According to reports in Australian papers, The decision to send Bracken home was made overnight in South Africa. The decision wasn't made because of any specific problem, but because of the long-term nature of the injury which had aggravated.
The seriousness of the injury is not yet known but it is also likely to place him in doubt for next month's Champions League Twenty20 tournament, in which he was due to represent his home state of New South Wales.
Bracken's loss is a serious blow for Australia, since he is currently their highest ranked ODI bowler. He has been an outstanding limited-overs bowler with his nagging accuracy, changes of pace and ability to move the ball.
Cricket Australia has not yet confirmed the decision, or who will replace Bracken in the 15-man squad.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE