|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 25th September 2009
Cricket's apex body, ICC allowed Pakistan opener Imran Nazir to play in the Champions Trophy despite him using a banned substance to cure his breathing problems.
A senior official in the PCB confirmed that there was some issues prior to the match against the West Indies on Wednesday because the medication Nazir had taken for a chronic asthmatic problem finds a place in ICC's anti-doping list.
"The matter is now cleared because we had already informed the ICC medical commission about the medication being used by Nazir three years back when we faced the same problem before the 2006 Champions Trophy," the PCB official said.
Nazir had fallen ill after nets on Tuesday and was suffering from breathing problems after which the team doctor gave him the prescribed medication.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE