|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 25th September 2009
Cricket's apex body, ICC allowed Pakistan opener Imran Nazir to play in the Champions Trophy despite him using a banned substance to cure his breathing problems.
A senior official in the PCB confirmed that there was some issues prior to the match against the West Indies on Wednesday because the medication Nazir had taken for a chronic asthmatic problem finds a place in ICC's anti-doping list.
"The matter is now cleared because we had already informed the ICC medical commission about the medication being used by Nazir three years back when we faced the same problem before the 2006 Champions Trophy," the PCB official said.
Nazir had fallen ill after nets on Tuesday and was suffering from breathing problems after which the team doctor gave him the prescribed medication.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE