|Player:||RA Pybus, RR Singh|
DateLine: 25th September 2009
Mumbai Indians and Knight Riders have almost finalised their head coach and is expected to make the announcement soon. While the Knight Riders are all set to bring in 45-year-old Englishman Richard Pybus as coach, the Mumbai Indians have settled in on former Indian all-rounder Robin Singh.
The Knight Riders, who had shortlisted a host of coaches during a fortnight-long screening process last month to replace John Buchanan, will be making the announcement on Friday.
Pybus' impressive CV includes coaching the Pakistan team (1999 World Cup) and South Africa's domestic team Titans. The Cricket South Africa's coach of 2009, had guided the Titans to their domestic Twenty20 title last year before quitting the post three months ago.
While Knight Riders have rung in critical changes, the Mumbai Indians have added new personnel while retaining the old order.
According to team sources, Robin Singh, the former Deccan Chargers coach, won the confidence of Mumbai Indians owners after a positive input from Sachin Tendulkar. Former Mumbai all-rounder Meanwhile, Paras Mhambrey has been drafted in as his deputy.
With Shaun Pollock too agreeing to continue with the mentor's role, the Mumbai outfit's coaching staff is almost finalised. Jonty Rhodes continues as the fielding coach.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE