|Scorecard:||Rest of India v Mumbai|
|Player:||A Mukund, M Vijay|
|Event:||Irani Cup 2009/10|
DateLine: 5th October 2009
Rest of India continued to be in the driver's seat, reaching 352 for four in their second innings against Mumbai.
Abhinav Mukund (126) hit a fine century for ROI before rain and bad light hampered play on the fourth day of their Irani Trophy match on Sunday.
Though the final session was washed out, Rest of India are still in a position to force a win as they have taken an overall lead of 382 runs.
Manoj Tiwary was going strong on 80 with Wriddhiman Saha (5) giving him company when bad light forced early tea.
Mukund, resumed the day on 86, and went on to scale his seventh first-class hundred before falling to Ramesh Powar for 126 (250 balls; 10X4) in the morning session.
Murali Vijay, missed out on a century as he was the first to depart an over before Mukund for 91 (211 balls; 10X4) off Iqbal Abdulla.
S Badrinath and Manoj Tiwary then did not allow the Mumbai bowlers to breathe easy as they shared a 78-run partnership for the third wicket before the former was out in the post-lunch session.
A persistent drizzle brought a slightly early end to the first session and it returned later to force the umpires to call for an early tea break.
Rest captain and India opener Virender Sehwag was seen padded up to come out in the middle as next batsman.
But he will not bat if he decides to declare Rest of India innings overnight to give a full one-day's play to his bowlers to bowl out Mumbai if play is possible tomorrow.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE