|Player:||TG Southee, SB Styris, BJ Watling|
|Event:||New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2009/10|
DateLine: 15th October 2009
New Zealand have handed a maiden international call-up to Northern Districts opener BJ Watling and comebacks to Scott Styris and Tim Southee for the limited-overs fixtures against Pakistan in the UAE. Nathan McCullum has been recalled in place of Jeetan Patel.
South African-born Watling, 24, has been a solid performer for ND this past domestic season, averaging 63.62 in the one-day competition. He was awarded a winter contract last year in a deal that ran from May to September and covered the Emerging Players Tournament in Queensland and the New Zealand A tour of India. He made 94 and 115 not out in Australia and 97 in India. With New Zealand dropping back-up wicketkeeper Gareth Hopkins, Watling will serve as understudy to Brendon McCullum.
Southee and Styris last played ODIs at home against India in March. Aaron Redmond, who was flown in to South Africa as Ryder's replacement, has been retained.
Daniel Vettori, after his first decision-making stint as a selector, said the choices had been tough despite the number of injuries.
New Zealand will depart for Dubai on October 27. After three ODIs and two Twenty20s, they will host Pakistan for three Tests.
New Zealand : Daniel Vettori (capt), Shane Bond, Neil Broom, Ian Butler, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum (wk), Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Aaron Redmond, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, BJ Watling.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE