|Ground:||Harare Sports Club, Harare|
|Scorecard:||Zimbabwe v Kenya|
|Player:||H Masakadza, LN Onyango|
|Event:||Kenya in Zimbabwe 2009/10|
DateLine: 16th October 2009
Hamilton Masakadza scored an impressive 156 to set up a 91-run victory for Zimbabwe in the first one-day international against Kenya. Zimbabwe scored an imposing 313 for 4 and Kenya in reply could muster only 222 in 49.5 overs.
Kenya in reply needed a solid base, but lost wickets regularly. Steve Tikolo top-scored with 49 but it was always in a losing cause as Zimbabwe's three frontline spinners throttled the scoring. Utseya collected three wickets against a middle order that had no choice but to attack, while legspinner Cremer impressed with his control.
After deciding to bat, the Zimbabwean batsmen were quickly out of the blocks as the openers made good use of the fielding restrictions. It took until the 26th over for Kenya to make a breakthrough when Vermeulen was trapped lbw by Nehemiah Odhiambo.
However, Masakadza was motoring by now and the scoring rate increased again during the closing overs. Taylor helped add impetus with 44 from 27 balls as he collected two sixes. It was hard toil for the Kenyan bowlers as Lameck Onyango, conceded 91 from his 10 overs, the most expensive figures by a Kenya bowler in one-day internationals.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE