|Event:||Champions League 2009/10|
DateLine: 18th October 2009
Bangalore Royal Challengers captain Anil Kumble lamented the fact that one bad game, against Victoria Bushrangers, did his side in as they crashed out of the Champions League Twenty20.
Royal Challengers Bangalore lost to Victoria in their first League B Super Eight match on Thursday and despite Saturday's eight-wicket win over Delhi Daredevils, Kumble's side are out of semifinal contention.
"I thought we played really well in this tournament. The boys showed lots of commitment but one bad game made all the difference. We lost to Victoria Bushrangers and that match cost us a semifinal place," Kumble said after the match.
Kumble praised Ross Taylor for the New Zealander's superb innings of 65.
"It's a great birthday present though we were playing for pride. Ross (Taylor) played an exceptional innings to take us to victory. Rahul (Dravid) and (Virat) Kohli chipped in," said Kumble.
"It was great to win before the home crowd who came out in large numbers though were out of semifinal contention before this match. We want to prove that this team can win matches," he added.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE