DateLine: 22nd October 2009
NZ Cricket have reaffirmed Andy Moles' position as Black Caps coach despite reports of players not being happy with him.
A report earlier in The Dominion Post said the senior players felt the Englishman was not up to the mark as an international coach.
The players claimed that skipper Daniel Vettori has been coaching the side for the past six months and they have not been given an acceptable level of tactical or technical support from either Moles or other specialist coaches.
But in a statement NZC chief executive Justin Vaughan said that Moles remained as head coach and he was preparing the side for the forthcoming series against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates.
However, the executive also added a review was taking place.
"Following the Black Caps' return from Sri Lanka and the Champions Trophy we are undertaking a review of the team's performance," Vaughan said.
"This looks at all aspects of individual and collective performance with a view to continuous improvement."
Moles was chosen ahead of John Bracewell after New South Wales coach Matthew Mott had turned the position down.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE