|Ground:||Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur|
|Scorecard:||Bangladesh v Zimbabwe|
|Player:||E Chigumbura, S Matsikenyeri, CK Coventry, Mushfiqur Rahim, Dolar Mahmud|
|Event:||Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2009/10|
DateLine: 27th October 2009
An unbeaten 99-run sixth-wicket stand Elton Chigumbura and Stuart Matsikenyeri guided Zimbabwe to a pretty facile win after Bangladesh had fallen way short of what should have been par score in the first One-Day International in Dhaka on Tuesday.
Zimbabwe skipper Prosper Utseya won the toss and elected to field. Bangladesh would have expected to make the most of the opportunity to bat first but let themselves down with some pretty poor batting, ending up with just 186 runs, those too thanks mainly to Mushfiqur Rahim (56) and No. 10 Dolar Mahmud (41).
Chigumbura was on the money with the ball too, claiming 3/27 off eight overs.
In reply, Zimbabwe threatened to self-destruct, especially in one over from left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak, which saw three wickets fall.
However, after some repair work by Charles Coventry, Matsikenyeri and Chigumbura got together to ensure that the visitors crossed the target.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE