|Ground:||Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur|
|Scorecard:||Bangladesh v Zimbabwe|
|Player:||E Chigumbura, S Matsikenyeri, CK Coventry, Mushfiqur Rahim, Dolar Mahmud|
|Event:||Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2009/10|
DateLine: 27th October 2009
An unbeaten 99-run sixth-wicket stand Elton Chigumbura and Stuart Matsikenyeri guided Zimbabwe to a pretty facile win after Bangladesh had fallen way short of what should have been par score in the first One-Day International in Dhaka on Tuesday.
Zimbabwe skipper Prosper Utseya won the toss and elected to field. Bangladesh would have expected to make the most of the opportunity to bat first but let themselves down with some pretty poor batting, ending up with just 186 runs, those too thanks mainly to Mushfiqur Rahim (56) and No. 10 Dolar Mahmud (41).
Chigumbura was on the money with the ball too, claiming 3/27 off eight overs.
In reply, Zimbabwe threatened to self-destruct, especially in one over from left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak, which saw three wickets fall.
However, after some repair work by Charles Coventry, Matsikenyeri and Chigumbura got together to ensure that the visitors crossed the target.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE