|Player:||SR Tendulkar, AR Border|
|Event:||Australia in India 2009/10|
DateLine: 30th October 2009
Former Australia captain Allan Border feels that Sachin Tendulkar should cut down on his limited over appearances to prolong his Test career.
"I have high esteem for Tendulkar and his achievements in international cricket. But I think, it would be better for him to appear in fewer limited over matches, including one-dayers. It would help him to prolong his Test career," Border said.
Border, who made 11,174 runs for Australia from 156 Tests, feels Tendulkar's ability to handle pressure is the mantra behind his success in international cricket.
"Representing your country for 20 years in international arena is not a small achievement. There is always a lot of pressure on an international cricketer and I must say Tendulkar has managed it beautifully," Border said.
"Like many others, his career was also disturbed by injuries. But even after many ups and downs, Tendulkar still has the same passion and love for the game," continued Border.
"Tendulkar is a player who always looks for improvement. It would be very difficult for others to climb to his stature," the former left-handed batsman said.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE