DateLine: 30th October 2009
The 20-year-old opener Phil Hughes who scored twin centuries in just his second Test was dropped three matches later, after being troubled by the short ball in England.
The left-hander scored 202 runs at 40.40 in six matches to help guide NSW to the inaugural Champions League Twenty20 title in India, Hughes could not be more relaxed or confident going into the domestic summer.
"It was huge, on the world stage. That's something you play for, the big matches like that," an upbeat Hughes said.
"We've got a one-day game on Sunday.
"I can't wait for a big season ahead. I'm looking forward to getting out there.
"If you look back to the Ashes, he (Watson) has played beautifully. It's great for Watto and I'm happy for him."
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE